The frontend extension allows you to expand the capabilities of a standard configurable product by turning shopping into a convenient and more informative adventure for your customers.
1. Preselect any combination of associated items within the configurable product by a specific child product, lowest price, highest price, bestseller.
2. Dynamically use a child simple product's data for the given configurable product (name, SKU, description, and other possible attributes).
3. Preselect configurable product options by dynamic URL or, vice versa, dynamically update configurable product URL based on the associated product combination selected.
The module provides system config settings to the extent of the store view scope and individual product. This means you can leverage different preselect modes and simple details for various configurable products and categories by assigning them via mass action menu on the products grid page. A variety of settings, optimized code, and intensive QA makes our solution worthy and problem-free.
The global settings are located in:
• Stores > Configuration > SAFEMAGE > Configurable Preselect and Simple Details
1. Preselect Settings make it possible to define a concrete default configuration option for the configurable products on the storefront.
The preselect modes include:
• First Item – automatically selects the very first combination of salable items.
• Default Item – allows to manually assign the default combination on the product edit page of the configurable product.
• Bestseller – selects the combinations that are purchased the most.
• Lowest Price and Highest Price – selects the combination price-wise.
2. Simple Details Settings is another main settings block responsible for dynamic rendering details of associated items on a configurable product page. Here you can select any simple details attributes to be updated automatically when a specific combination of the given configurable product is selected.
Some important conditions to meet: the updateable attributes must be present on the configurable product page, and the way these attributes are rendered must meet Magento 2 guidelines. Otherwise, you will have to make use of Developer Settings. Out of the box, we guarantee support for Name, SKU, Short Description, and Description attributes.
The two blocks of the settings include the capability of the described functionality to work on listing or category pages. At the product level, you can find the individual attributes to control the global settings more precisely. They include Configurable Preselect Mode and Configurable Simple Details Attributes, and the values they set precede that of the main configuration.
3. The Dynamic URL Settings section allows admin to configure the behavior of the configurable product URL:
• Enable Dynamic URL – makes it possible to update the URL on the fly when configurable options get selected.
• Enable Preselect by Dynamic URL – allows to choose certain options when entering the configurable product via a URL with parameters, e.g., the end URL would look like /configurable-url-key.html?color=green&size=m.
The two settings are independent on each other.
- The five options of the configurable preselect modes: first, default, bestseller, highest and lowest price
- Dynamically updated simple details attributes
- Dynamically updated configurable product URL based on selected combination
- Preselect configurable options by dynamic URL, example: ?color=red&size=xl
- Preselect and simple details on both product detail and product listing pages
- The scope of the main settings include system config, individual product, and store view
- Fine-tuned and quality code accoding to Magento 2 guidelines and standards that works
- Optimized and light-weight extension that works smoothly
CompatibilityMagento Open Source (CE) 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
We provide comprehensive product support for all the Magento extensions available on this site starting from the moment of your purchasing them. If you need help on the extensions installation or on any issues relating to our products, our dedicated team of proven technical experts is at your service, ready to assist you at any time.
Changelognew feature bugfix
- v.2.3.2 (Jul 23, 2020)
- Fixed an issue with Dynamic URL functionality;
- Fixed an issue with inability to create a configurable product if Preselect Mode: Lowest/Highest Price is selected.
- v.2.3.1 (Jul 15, 2020)
- Fixed an issue with dynamic update when deselecting product combination.
- v.2.3.0 (Jul 13, 2020)
- Added the Dynamic URL functionality;
- Added Preselect by Dynamic URL.
- v.2.2.3 (Jul 10, 2020)
- Added developer settings.
- v.2.2.2 (Jul 6, 2020)
- Added additional settings.
- v.2.2.1 (Jul 1, 2020)
- Improved JS code.
- v.2.2.0 (Jun 25, 2020)
- Added the preselect functionality for category page and a new `Bestsellers` preselect mode.
- v.2.1.0 (Jun 17, 2020)
- Added the ability to use simple details attributes for configurable products.
- v.2.0.0 (Jun 2, 2020)
- Initial release.