You know something's wrong when, after migrating from Magento 1 to Magento 2, you see the var/log/system.log file is being stuffed with gigabytes of data with the same error:
main.WARNING: Attempt to load value of nonexistent EAV attribute '94' for entity type 'Magento\Catalog\Api\Data\ProductInterface'
The attribute ID could be any number and take turns with another ID.
Having investigated the case, we figured out what is the matter. Many values in the EAV tables include redundant data, namely 'null'.
The extension allows for safe optimization of the EAV tables of all entity types, including custom ones, and cleaning up system.log. A successful optimization results in a lower number of records in the EAV tables (up to 5-10% less). The post-optimization integrity and working capacity of Magento are thoroughly tested and, hence, guaranteed. An important point to remember is natural processes occurring in Magento like saving products, categories, and other entity types lead to new 'null' values filling the tables, mainly when non-required fields are empty. This is why it is recommended to take preventive measures by optimizing the EAV tables from time to time.
The solution comes with three clean-up options:
1) A one-time procedure started by a click on the "Optimize Now" button in the configuration:
• Stores > Configuration > SAFEMAGE > EAV Attributes Optimization: Optimize Manually
2) Optimization on the fly, when 'Attempt to load value of nonexistent EAV attribute...' is being logged.
3) Optimization by cron (monthly schedule is encouraged).
- Eliminates errors in system.log: Attempt to load value of nonexistent EAV attribute '94' for entity type 'Magento\Catalog\Api\Data\ProductInterface'
- EAV tables become smaller and don't contain useless data
- By-cron and on-the-fly post-optimization control over unwanted data in attribute tables
- Slightly better performance of the website as a bonus
CompatibilityMagento Open Source (CE) 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
Magento Commerce (EE) 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x
We provide comprehensive product support for all the Magento extensions available on this site starting from the moment of your purchasing them. If you need help on the extensions installation or on any issues relating to our products, our dedicated team of proven technical experts is at your service, ready to assist you at any time.
Changelognew feature bugfix
- v.2.0.1 (Jul 31, 2019)
- Improved logging.
- v.2.0.0 (Jul 15, 2019)
- Initial release.