The solution provides powerful means to protect Magento from spam and bots, which have been attacking every website on the internet. The warfare against bots isn't something new. It started with a simple and irritating number-letter captcha and evolved into Google reCAPTCHA v2, which forced a suspicious user to select proper images. But the problem is spam tools have been changing accordingly. Today, Google, after a prolonged beta period, has finally released the reCAPTCHA v3 introducing a different protection approach. Surely, the operational principle of the new algorithm is classified, but it is evident that it is based on AI, user behavior statistics, and self-learning.
Once the extension has been installed, navigate to the configuration page:
• System > Config > SafeMage > Google reCAPTCHA v3
The first thing to do is to enter the Site and Secret Key generated for your domain(s) from Google Admin Console. Later on, this is where you can review your captcha statistics.
The most critical and decisive setting in the module is Threshold Score. reCAPTCHA v3's peculiarity is it, as the result of user behavior analysis, returns the 'score' from 0.1 to 1.0. The higher the score, the more likely the given form is submitted by the human rather than a bot. If the score is less than the threshold score set by the admin user, the form in question won't be submitted, and the error message will appear.
One of the characteristics of the extension is a quick setup of existing frontend submit forms in Magento. No need to edit the template files. By default, the 'Submit Forms' setting includes Magento standard forms like 'Customer Login,' 'Customer Create,' 'Customer Forgot Password,' 'Contacts,' and 'Checkout Save Billing.' With a modicum of skill, it is easy to add other forms according to the example provided.
- New level of bot protection with Google reCAPTCHA v3
- Easy integration for all website's 'submit' forms
- Flexible Threshold Score, Verification Error Message, and Submit Forms configuration settings
- User-friendly for the end user
CompatibilityMagento CE 1.4.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x
Magento EE 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x, 1.14.x
We provide comprehensive product support for all the Magento extensions available on this site starting from the moment of your purchasing them. If you need help on the extensions installation or on any issues relating to our products, our dedicated team of proven technical experts is at your service, ready to assist you at any time.
Changelognew feature bugfix
- v.1.1.1 (Aug 18, 2021)
- Addressed a JS error caused by updated Google reCAPTCHA code.
- v.1.1.0 (May 3, 2019)
- Added support for the 'Admin Login' and 'Forgot Password';
- Added support for multiple forms on a single page.
- v.1.0.0 (Feb 6, 2019)
- Initial release.
- We had a major problem with a scammer running thousands of credit cards on our site using his bot network. No way to easily stop it without interfering with our conversion rate. The invisible captcha was the answer, stopped the bot network but it is allowing real customers in. Andy was a huge help.by Paul July 4, 2019