Everyone knows that standard Magento search is terrible. Search results have nothing to do with relevance. Your customers are not able to find exactly what they want due to the lack of the priority levels of product attributes used in search (name, description, etc.), hence all the search index is a mess.
The extension allows to divide product attributes (those with ‘Searchable = Yes’) into 5 search priority levels: Highest, High, Medium, Low, Lowest. Each and every attribute can be configured whether it is used in search or not:
• Catalog > Attributes > Manage Attributes.
In the process of catalog search reindex, the extension forms separate fulltext indexes in the table “safemage_relevantsearch_fulltext” on which, in turn, the relevant search algorithm is based.
We use search algorithms of a high quality to make your Magento store search operate similarly to Google Search.
A brief glance at how it all works.
With a one-word search query that results in 5 products found, the search relevancy is computed this way:
• Product N1 has a match in the Name (highest priority index). Its relevancy score is (2 ^ 5) = 32
• Product N2 has a match in the Short Description (high priority index). Its relevancy score is (2 ^ 4) = 16
• Product N3 has a match in the SKU and Description (medium + low index). Its relevancy score is (2 ^ 3) + (2 ^ 2) = 12
• Product N4 has a match in the SKU (medium priority). Its relevancy score is (2 ^ 3) = 8
• Product N5 has a match in the lowest priority index. Its relevancy score is (2 ^ 1) = 2
With a 2 and multi-word search query, the results of the search depend on the extension’s configuration settings. There are 4 modes (algorithms) available:
• "Exact Phrase" - searches by a whole phrase as is
• "All Words" - searches by all phrase words in any order
• "Any Word" - searches by any phrase word
• "Selective" - automatically select which mode(algorithm) to choose (Exact / All / Any)
Extension enables easy and Relevant Search by both:
• Product Attributes
• Product Custom Options.
- Google-like Search!
- 4 Search modes: Exact (whole phrase), All (all words in any order), Any (any word), Selective (combination)
- Search by any Product Attribute (Name, Description, ...)
- Search by any Product Custom Option
- 5 Search Priority Levels of Product Custom Option or Attribute: Highest, High, Medium, Low, Lowest
- Allow special chars in Search
CompatibilityMagento CE 1.4.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x
Magento EE 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x, 1.14.x
We provide comprehensive product support for all the Magento extensions available on this site starting from the moment of your purchasing them. If you need help on the extensions installation or on any issues relating to our products, our dedicated team of proven technical experts is at your service, ready to assist you at any time.
Changelognew feature bugfix
- v.1.2.3 (Nov 8, 2018)
- Added minor fix for previous release.
- v.1.2.2 (Nov 5, 2018)
- Added priority for exact search terms.
- v.1.2.1 (Feb 9, 2017)
- Fixed / improved "Selective" search mode.
- v.1.2.0 (Feb 6, 2017)
- Added the new feature "Use Additional Words to Search for Products with Special Price".
- v.1.1.0 (Jan 19, 2017)
- Improved the "All Words" search algorithm.
- v.1.0.3 (Jan 3, 2017)
- Addressed an issue with search by configurable products.
- v.1.0.2 (Nov 23, 2016)
- Added compatibility with Magento CE 188.8.131.52.
- v.1.0.1 (Sep 13, 2016)
- Fixed an issue with reindex.
- v.1.0.0 (Sep 8, 2016)
- Initial release.
So I contacted the Safemage support, and they replied that Magento made some changes in the latest version that affected the extension.
Few hours later, they were releasing an update supporting Magento 184.108.40.206, and offering a free installation service to me! Do I need to say more? :)
Support is outstanding.