There are about 20 FPC modules out there, each one’s goal is to provide full caching of pages of various types in Magento store. This produces a considerable increase of page load speed to use a pre-cached copy of a page instead of rendering a page anew.
All such solutions share a common operational principle and, on the other hand, common problems: update of specific blocks, low speed in cart, complicated config setup of content update, slow first load of pages. Some developers decide to remedy these defects with help of different means: develop quick workarounds that eventually slow down page load from milliseconds up to a second, increase total cache volume (that can’t be contained in Memcached). Many solutions are designed to store data exclusively in the form of files instead of REDIS, work unstably and affect, in a bad way, the backend performance, in particular during a saving process.
The SafeMage extension absorbs experience of numerous full page cache extensions as well as real practice of speed optimization works. It just works differently, offers simplified setup and is relieved from various weak spots of other FPC solutions.
This Advanced Full Page Cache extension appears to be one of the fastest caching tools with minimal response time (~25ms) of cached pages. In fact this was our goal to make cached pages respond quicker than those cached by other similar extensions.
Actual speed is ~25ms which is time needed by the server to return content. But to get real numbers, one should also take into account server ping and data transmission to end user. For more info, go to Network Timing.
The extension also fully supports session's create and update functions. This part in many other solutions is often buggy and vulnerable being not ready for latest security patches.
FPC processes only guest-session pages without products in cart. With such an approach, there is no need to store multiple pages in cache and hence negatively affect overall performance.
The most prominent effect of use of the extension is SEO promotion in search results. You know, Google does take into account page load speed.
Apart from full page caching, the extension can also blocks, product models, collections and correctly update them. This all enables at least triple speed boost for non-warmed-up pages or customer-session pages with products in cart.
One more advantage of the extension is universality of cache storing and updating of full page cache in the scope of Magento default cache management. This greatly impacts the speed of data saving process in the backend and spares difficulties to invent some side data storage systems introduced by other solutions.
And thanks to this universality of cache storing, Memcached or REDIS can be integrated seamlessly.
The extension features easy-to-setup backend configuration that doesn’t require any special knowledge and can't damage your website if set incorrectly.
How to install and configure the extension
1. Make a backup copy "index.php" located in Magento root and disable cache and compilation mode in the admin panel.
2. Upload the contents of the package to the server (Magento root). Note the package includes a new "index.php" file which should replace the original one. Make sure the new file is assigned the same permissions set for the original file.
3. In case you are reluctant to replace the original "index.php" file or got the new file replaced, say, during Magento upgrade and hence broke the extension's functionality, you could just add a single line to it right below the line "require_once $mageFilename;":
// index.php require_once $mageFilename; SafeMage_Caching_Model_Fpc::start(); // SafeMage Advanced Full Page Cache #Varien_Profiler::enable();
4. Re-log into the admin panel and enable Magento cache include the newly added "Advanced Full Page Cache".
5. Go to the extension's configuration page:
- System > Configuration > SAFEMAGE: Advanced Full Page Cache
The config section enables admin user to add / remove pages and resources to cache in case of any issues with content updates.
6. Check performance of the front-end and its working capacity.
- The Full Page Cache with the quickest response time (~25ms) of cached pages (products, categories, CMS, sitemaps, etc)
- Stores and updates FPC cache with use of Magento standard Cache Management
- Universality of cache storing provides out-of-box support for Memcached or REDIS
- Additional hybrid caching of large blocks, product models, collections enables at least triple speed boost for non-warmed-up pages
- Drastically speeds up pages avoided by other FPC solutions (cart, checkout, customer account, etc.)
- Slightly increases performance in the backend
- The automatic cache crawler guarantees a complete warm-up of website’s pages
- Simple setup that doesn’t require any special knowledge
CompatibilityMagento CE 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x
Magento EE 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x, 1.14.x
We provide comprehensive product support for all the Magento extensions available on this site starting from the moment of your purchasing them. If you need help on the extensions installation or on any issues relating to our products, our dedicated team of proven technical experts is at your service, ready to assist you at any time.
Changelognew feature bugfix
- v.1.5.9 (Oct 7, 2019)
- Added the 'Refresh Cache on Stock Changed' setting;
- Addressed an issue with caching of product lists.
- v.1.5.8 (Aug 14, 2019)
- Addressed an issue with Core_Session.
- v.1.5.7 (Mar 1, 2019)
- Addressed an issue with sessions;
- Addressed an issue with Show Template Hints.
- v.1.5.6 (Nov 22, 2017)
- Added support for product / category block caching with respect to customer groups.
- v.1.5.5 (Oct 30, 2017)
- Added support for Safemage Timeless Reindex.
- v.1.5.4 (Oct 13, 2017)
- Fixed an issue with collection cache not being reset after executing Mass Action in backend.
- v.1.5.3 (Oct 9, 2017)
- Added support for MagPassion Quickview.
- v.1.5.2 (Oct 3, 2017)
- Added a feature to include SEO Layered Navigation URLs in Queue;
- Improved cache crawler's queue characteristics.
- v.1.5.1 (Sep 25, 2017)
- Added a feature to minify HTML.
- v.1.5.0 (Sep 18, 2017)
- Added the Cache Crawler that features queue priority, automatic queue update on product save, and manual or scheduled (via cron job) warm-up.
- v.1.4.17 (Apr 25, 2017)
- Improved work with session;
- Fixed an issue with the Wishlist and Compare functions.
- v.1.4.16 (Apr 13, 2017)
- Improved compatibility with Google Analytics.
- v.1.4.15 (Mar 16, 2017)
- Fixed an issue with a product page not refreshing when a review is posted;
- Fixed backend meta title.
- v.1.4.14 (Mar 10, 2017)
- Fixed a Magento bug related to session form_key in cached blocks.
- v.1.4.13 (Mar 9, 2017)
- Fixed an issue with renewal of cached collections.
- v.1.4.12 (Mar 8, 2017)
- Fixed an issue with “_addUrlRewrite” with cached collections.
- v.1.4.11 (Mar 7, 2017)
- Fixed an issue with customer log in procedure.
- v.1.4.10 (Mar 6, 2017)
- Fixed renewal of session form_key.
- v.1.4.9 (Mar 3, 2017)
- Improved product page view with session messages.
- v.1.4.8 (Mar 1, 2017)
- Added compatibility with Magento CE 1.6.x.
- v.1.4.7 (Feb 28, 2017)
- Added compatibility with the latest security patch addressing session issues.
- v.1.4.6 (Feb 27, 2017)
- Improved session renewal.
- v.1.4.5 (Feb 24, 2017)
- Added the setting GET Params To Ignore.
- v.1.4.4 (Feb 23, 2017)
- Improved cache refresh.
- v.1.4.3 (Feb 17, 2017)
- Improved SID session.
- v.1.4.2 (Feb 9, 2017)
- Improved cache_key for FPC.
- v.1.4.1 (Feb 3, 2017)
- Added new FPC-supported pages.
- v.1.4.0 (Jan 31, 2017)
- Added advanced FPC settings;
- Improved performance thanks to optimized session initialization.
- v.1.3.1 (Jan 17, 2017)
- Fixed an issue with SID session and form key.
- v.1.3.0 (Jan 12, 2017)
- Added new functionality: full page caching.
- v.1.2.0 (Dec 16, 2016)
- Added additional caching for category and product collections.
- v.1.1.0 (Nov 10, 2016)
- Added advanced settings for block caching;
- Added backend blocks caching;
- Added front-end product models caching.
- v.1.0.6 (Oct 24, 2016)
- Fixed an issue with configurable or bundle product refresh when saving an associated item of a respective configurable or bundle product.
- v.1.0.5 (Oct 20, 2016)
- Fixed an issue with changed title in “head” block.
- v.1.0.4 (Oct 18, 2016)
- Fixed an issue with caching blocks with session messages.
- v.1.0.3 (Oct 14, 2016)
- Fixed an issue with cached CMS blocks with store code.
- v.1.0.2 (Oct 11, 2016)
- Fixed an issue with cached blocks on HTTPS pages.
- v.1.0.1 (Oct 10, 2016)
- Fixed an issue with blocks refresh.
- v.1.0.0 (Oct 7, 2016)
- Initial release featuring speedy block caching.
- I was comparing quite a number of FPC extensions paying attention to the time to first byte (TTFB) value - this is how you find winner. Surprisingly, more expensive extensions lost in this battle to the Safemage FPC. Pages and blocks are updated correctly, no problems found.by Jehzlau March 9, 2017