A major drawback of stores with numerous categories and products in them is it takes more and more time to save these entities after a while. A number of attributes and DB records steadily grows to make re-index slower. With a fresh start, it takes firm 1-2 seconds to make a save. Months later, a 'Please wait' message keeps hanging forever while saving products or categories.
It is Magento standard 'Reindex on save' that takes 85% of time for a save procedure. The given extension rectifies this situation by running re-index automatically few minutes later. Additionally, it only re-indexes data that has changed within previous 5-minute timeframe (async re-index).
Quickly and confidently, now you can save products and categories avoiding full re-index when it is not needed. As if you own a newly set up Magento store.
The extension is designed to allow admin user to quickly save products and categories in the backend due to after-save reindex that takes place few minutes later and executed by the cron job.
Saving any entity won't exceed 1-2 seconds.
The module introduces a new type of index mode 'Update by Cron'. To make use of the postponed re-indexing, all indexes need to be set to the new mode under
• System > Index Management
Click on "Select All" and execute a Mass Action: Change Index Mode > Update by Cron > Submit
- Instant product / category saving thanks to postponed reindex by cron
- Background reindex by cron every 5 minutes
- Processes only those tasks that occurred within last 5 minutes instead of All Reindex
- Light on system resources
- Compatible with 3rd-party index tools as well as Safemage Advanced Full Page Cache
CompatibilityMagento CE 1.4.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x
We provide comprehensive product support for all the Magento extensions available on this site starting from the moment of your purchasing them. If you need help on the extensions installation or on any issues relating to our products, our dedicated team of proven technical experts is at your service, ready to assist you at any time.
Changelognew feature bugfix
- v.1.0.2 (Oct 17, 2019)
- Addressed an issue with reindexing ‘Category Flat Data’.
- v.1.0.1 (Nov 14, 2018)
- Addressed an issue with index order taking into account index denendency.
- v.1.0.0 (Oct 30, 2017)
- Initial release.