Sales and clearance campaigns conducted by shop owners always attract customers. And Magento knows it. It provides basic tools to enable discounts in a store. These tools are represented by Catalog Price Rules and Shopping Cart Price Rules.
The Catalog Price Rules are intended to deal with category and product pages. And obviously, the Cart Price Rules affect cart items only. Well, this looks pretty clear at a first glance. However, the design of catalog discounts assumes that the full discount-related information isn't provided once the product in question ended up in the cart. The same goes for orders, i.e. they can only list discounted prices without any hint about what caused them.
The Catalog Discount in Cart extension for Magento 2 handles this by making it possible to display Catalog Price Rule discounts in the cart totals block. As if those were just Cart Price Rules.
Configuring the extension shouldn't be a problem as it includes just a single setting to enable / disable the extension on a cart page:
• Stores > Configuration > SAFEMAGE: Catalog Discount in Cart > General > Show Catalog Discount in Cart = Yes / No
When enabled, the extension displays a discount of products affected by Catalog Price Rules in the cart totals block. So these items are accompanied with regular, not discounted prices. This behavior identical to that of Shopping Cart Price Rules when they get applied, say, with the help of coupon codes entered by customers while in cart. No worries about different discount types getting mixed up in cart. The extension provides full support for Catalog Price Rules and Shopping Cart Price Rules when they meet each other. You get proper discount amounts calculated and displayed.
- Displays discounts based on the catalog price rules in cart totals and orders
- Supports both frontend and backend orders
- Works flawlessly with both Catalog Price and Cart Price Rules
- Optionally displays the rule names applied to cart
- Light on system resources
CompatibilityMagento Open Source (CE) 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x
Magento Commerce (EE) 2.1.x, 2.2.x, 2.3.x, 2.4.x
We provide comprehensive product support for all the Magento extensions available on this site starting from the moment of your purchasing them. If you need help on the extensions installation or on any issues relating to our products, our dedicated team of proven technical experts is at your service, ready to assist you at any time.
Changelognew feature bugfix
- v.2.1.2 (Dec 3, 2020)
- Addressed an issue with the catalog discount getting cancelled after entering shipping info on the checkout page.
- v.2.1.1 (Oct 20, 2020)
- Addressed an issue with tax calculations.
- v.2.1.0 (Oct 2, 2020)
- Added the ability to show catalog rule names in cart;
- Added support for Magento 2.4.x;
- Addressed an issue occurring when both Cart Price and Catalog Price Rules apply to cart.
- v.2.0.3 (Dec 20, 2019)
- Added support for Magento 2.3.3.
- v.2.0.2 (Feb 12, 2019)
- Addressed an issue with the mini-cart.
- v.2.0.1 (Jun 18, 2018)
- Added support for Magento 2.3.
- v.2.0.0 (Jan 22, 2018)
- Initial release.