Whether it is a product, category, CMS, order, customer page or any other backend resource, the extension is capable of avoiding a clash of multiple admin users editing the same resource. Whenever administrating of your webshop involves more than one manager or agent, there is a risk for one collaborator to overwrite important changes being done by another. And Magento out of the box doesn't provide any feature to prevent this or even make hints about this. Parallel changes made by any user but the last one will be lost for good. This extension is what can save you time, money and let your admin users work as a team, not competitors.
The module's target is any admin panel resource that is being edited by the backend staff. Such a resource becomes unavailable for saving by any user unless the page gets unlocked by the initial user. A message at the top of the page indicates whether the resource is locked including the 'who' information.
The configuration options are available under
• System> Configuration > SAFEMAGE: Parallel Edit Locker
1. Supported resources are represented by the following options:
• Sales (orders, invoices, shipments, etc)
• Catalog (products, categories, attributes)
• Promotions (catalog and cart price rules)
• CMS (pages, blocks, widgets)
• All others (pages with ID in URL)*
* This also includes entities of 3rd-party modules.
2. Unlock Resource when Switching to Another Page.
Not recommended to unlock due to unexpected behavior that the backend user may experience while working in multiple browser tabs. However, the setting can be enabled if the setting below is off.
3. Ping Magento from within Open Pages.
It is intended to update the time when the given editable resource was visited and provide a better experience for the backend user who works in multiple browser tabs.
4. Unlock Resource by Timeout.
Automatically unlocks the resource whether it is not visited or pinged.
5. Enable Manual Unlock by Link.
Supports ACL for master admin to select who can have access to manual unlock. Use cautiously to gain quick access to a locked resource.
- Restricts parallel saving of the backend resources by admins
- Shows a notification about a locked entity and enables manual unlock if applicable
- Supports Ajax-powered Magento ping from open and editable backend pages to update the lock time and allow multi-tab work in browser
- Quick setup of ping and lock timeout values
- ACL-managed manual unlock
CompatibilityMagento CE 1.4.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.x, 1.7.x, 1.8.x, 1.9.x
Magento EE 1.9.x, 1.10.x, 1.11.x, 1.12.x, 1.13.x, 1.14.x
We provide comprehensive product support for all the Magento extensions available on this site starting from the moment of your purchasing them. If you need help on the extensions installation or on any issues relating to our products, our dedicated team of proven technical experts is at your service, ready to assist you at any time.
Changelognew feature bugfix
- v.1.0.0 (Aug 22, 2018)
- Initial release.